Welcome to 8k Everest, a service provided by 8k Everest Africa (“8k Everest,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
8k Everest provides a digital music distribution service that distributes music through online stores and streaming services on behalf of its customers and collects and distributes the related earnings.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use our Service or otherwise interact with us, we collect information that alone or in combination with other information could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Account Data: If you wish to register for the Service, you will need to provide us with certain Personal Data, such as your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, as well as any biography/profile information (including profile photos) you would like associated with your music at online stores and streaming services.
Creator Data: We will collect information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are a musician, a label, or some other category of the creator, the music you upload, and information relating to how often your music is played in online stores and streaming services).
Communication Data: If you contact customer service or otherwise communicate with us by email or otherwise, we may collect Personal Data related to those communications, including the contents of the communications and the data and time they occurred.
Fan Data: One aspect of the Service allows musicians and content creators registered to the Service to communicate with and better understand their fans. Accordingly, if you are a fan of one of our musician and content creator customers, we may collect your email address from online stores and streaming services if you follow or otherwise interact with our musician and content creator customers, so they can keep you posted on their news, events and other updates.
Social Media Data: We have pages on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us through your settings on the Social Media Site, such as your profile and contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Online Activity Data: When you visit, use and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit our Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited on our Site, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access and visit our Site (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and Site-navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (which we collect for security reasons), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: Information about how you use our Site, including statistical usage data derived from the operation of our Site, filtering choices, and information regarding the performance results for the Site.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We use Personal Data to provide the Service, including uploading your music to online stores and streaming services, sending accounting statements to you, and paying you the royalties you are owed. This processing is necessary to perform our contract with you.
We also use Personal Data as necessary for the following legitimate business interests:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- To manage our relationship with you as a customer or user of our Service, which includes sending administrative information to you relating to our Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and asking you to leave a review or take a survey;
- To allow our musician and content creator customers to communicate with and better understand their fans, by permitting our customers to receive email addresses of their followers or fans, so they can keep fans updated with news, events and other updates;
- To administer and protect our business and the Site, prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks (including troubleshooting, testing, system maintenance, support and hosting of data); and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties, and recover debts due to us.
Marketing. We may contact you to provide information we believe will be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email address, we may use that information to send you promotional information about our products and services. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by contacting us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding our Site and Services and to respond to your requests.
- HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with service providers, including hosting, cloud or other information technology services; marketing service providers; payment processors; customer support providers; and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Online Stores and Streaming Services: we distribute the music and any related information like titles, descriptions, and album art that you upload to the Service to the online stores and streaming services of your choice.
- Fans: if you follow one of our musician or content creator customers through an online store or streaming service, we may provide your email address to the musician or content creator that you follow.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or other lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- With Your Consent: We may share your Personal Data where we obtain your consent to do so, such as to connect you with a record label.
- DATA RETENTION
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you need to change or correct your Personal Data, or wish to have it deleted from our systems, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will address your request as required by applicable law.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. 8k Everest does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to 8k Everest through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We comply with industry standards to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to 8k Everest via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
- YOUR CHOICES
Whether or not you provide Personal Data to us is completely up to you, but if you choose not to provide information that is needed to use some features of our Site, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to request access to your data or to ask us to update, correct, or delete your Personal Data.
- CONTACT US